The dental field is leaning towards the increased presence of Dental Support Organization or corporation which has brought dentists from different practices under one umbrella. But it might seem surprising to you that some are owned by one company while others are operated as franchises and may not even be owned by a dentist. When that’s the scenario, what would you choose, a corporate dentist or a local dentist?
The corporately owned dental centers offer typically a low cost but it can’t be forgotten that cheaper isn’t always better. So, in case an individual is thinking of what to choose between a local dentist and a corporate one, they should know that both have high and low points to be taken into account.
By considering the pros and cons, you’d be able to decide whether you want a corporate chain to take care of your dental needs or a more personal one-on-one experience with your local dentist.
Corporate Dentist Advantages
- The larger size of the corporate dental offices come with advantages like a large team and associate offices, which makes it possible to provide patient care even when a team member is unavailable.
- Comprehensive benefit packages are a bonus when accepting the job as the corporate offices invest a significant amount of money into education and skills development. Thus, the productivity is increased creating a large network of highly educated dental care professionals.
- With a larger number of practitioners, the ability to discuss patient care with other professionals becomes easier.
Corporate Dentist Disadvantages
- For a corporate dental office, patients are numbers. They aim to see as many patients as time allows each day. More patients, the more the profit.
- Corporate staff and the hygienists are compelled to see 20 to 30 patients a day which means a personalized service cannot be expected.
- It is common in a corporate dentist office that you'll see a different dentist or hygienist each time you visit which doesn’t provide you with the opportunity to get to know your dentist and build trust.
- Since corporate dental offices are a prime starting point for young dentists, they probably won’t have the experience to serve your needs despite having a top notch education.
Local Dentist Advantages
- On the contrary, local dental practices provide personalized care available to patients and their families.
- In a local practice, you’re able to get to know your dentist personally and build trust.
- Doctors are prepared to make sure that the patient receives dental care best suited for each individual.
- You're not just another patient to the local dentist; rather every patient is unique to them.
- Apart from personalized treatment, local dentists exude a much warmer, friendlier atmosphere in which patients are treated with care. Easing the fear and anxiety of the patient.
- The staff in local dentistry doesn’t require fulfilling a daily quota number, rather their goal is to provide the best customer service.
- Lastly, local dentists are highly experienced which ensures you will get the best service.
Local Dentist Disadvantages
- The cost in this sector is a bit high compared to corporate one but quality service is ensured.
- Sometimes scheduling an appointment becomes harder for a local dentist because of staff limitations.
Which One is Better for You: Local Dentist or Corporate Dentist
You already know all the advantages and disadvantages of both options. It mostly depends on your preference. But considering different points of view, a local dentist is always great for most people. Ensuring a better service and treatment.
So if you look for quality service and treatment from a local dentist in Lake Worth Florida, Prestige Dental Care of South Florida is the best choice!